Common Question Answered: How To Clean Your Diamonds
When you buy jewellery such as diamond rings, diamond necklaces or other special pieces, you’ll want to make sure that they retain their sparkle and look as good as the day you received them.
There are endless guides to cleaning jewellery online, but many of these so-called ‘helpful guides’ could in fact cause damage to your precious jewellery. When you buy jewellery in London from
Regency Jewels, we want you to know that you can find all of the information on aftercare right here. Read on to find out the best ways to clean your jewellery.
1. Soak Your Jewellery in Mild Soapy Water
It may sound simple, but this is actually the most effective way to clean your diamond jewellery. Add a small amount of mild detergent or soap to some warm water and leave you jewellery to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Remove Any Stains With a Brush
Use a very soft brush (an old worn toothbrush should do the trick) to gently scrub away at any dirt which may be on your jewellery. When cleaning rings and bracelets, pay particular attention to the inside of these items, as they are the areas which are rubbed against your skin more and are more likely to trap dirt. Be careful not to scrub too hard and never use a hard-bristled brush which may mark your items.
3. Rinse Your Jewellery In Warm Water
Rinse you jewellery thoroughly under running water to get rid of any leftover traces of dirt or soap.
4. Dry With a Lint Free Cloth
Dry your jeweller y carefully using a lint free cloth. Give your hands a thorough clean before re- wearing your jewellery and follow the tips below to reduce the amount of cleaning required.
Tips for Keeping Your Jewellery Clean
– Take your jewellery off before you wash your hands. Using soap and hand gels constantly throughout the day can cause your jewellery to dull and for residue to build up.
– Remove jewellery before cleaning. This will prevent your jewellery being exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals as well as any impact which could occur from vigorous scrubbing and
– Remove your jewellery before going in water, including the bath and shower. You’ll want to ensure that you expose your jewellery to water as little as possible, so always remove your jewellery first. The soaps and scrubs we use on our bodies as well as shampoo (especially those with lightening properties) could have an effect on your jewellery.
When you buy jewellery in Hatton Garden, our staff will provide you with any information you will need about keeping the diamond jewellery you buy clean and sparkling. If you have any questions at all about the aftercare of your jewellery, get in touch with one of our assistants at Regency Jewels who will be more than happy to assist.